“We cannot change their past but we can change their future”
- Sheila Lutchanah – Head of fundraising at Street Child Africa
Having spent a number of years living and working in Africa the Directors of Progorex have seen what an immense difference charities like Street Child Africa can make to the lives of vulnerable children.
Abject poverty, domestic violence and death of a parent are just a few of the reasons that children in Africa find themselves living on the streets.
Street Child Africa was started in Surrey U.K. in 1994 and along with its partners, Street Child Africa supports children in six different African countries:
- D.R. of Congo
Street Child Africa offers help and refuge to thousands of children each year; Below are just a few
examples of the work they do:
- Street Corner Education
- Drop in Centre Education
- Vocational Training followed by assistance with finding employment
- Tools and start up capital to enable those who have taken vocational training to set up their own business
- Childhood development centre for the children born to street girls and vulnerable women. The girls learn parenting skills whilst their own children are given:
- Classes in numeracy and literacy
- A Balanced diet
- First Aid
When appropriate Street Child Africa also gives the children an opportunity to be re-united with their families and communities.
Progorex is a proud supporter of Street Child Africa.
For more information on their work, please visit their web site – www.streetchildafrica.org.uk