CATEGORY MANAGEMENT IS AT THE HEART OF OUR CONSULTING PROCESS
We facilitate projects using this approach to support teams with a range of best practice tools and techniques. We lead and develop customer’s resources through a process that ensures the skills become embedded in their business.
KEEP TRACK, STAGE BY STAGE
All sourcing activity is driven through our web based sourcing tools to ensure a transparent, effective and efficient stage by stage process and we take many categories from initiation, through research and analysis and sourcing, then to a negotiated deal and contract.
SUPERIOR BOTTOM-LINE RESULTS
We have partnered with SCANMARKET® to deliver e-sourcing that caters for the full range of core international languages and we have our own internal sourcing tools for less complex indirect categories.
HOW PROGOREX CATEGORY MANAGEMENT WORKS
Please click on a section in the compass to learn more:
- Set the overall category direction
- Analyse the situation
- Opportunity analysis
- Is a new cycle really necessary?
- Engage stakeholders
- Set up program structure and plan
2. Research & Analyse
- Business and stakeholder needs
- Sourcing and relationship history
- Product / service
- Ways of working
- Current strategy
- Internal risk
- External analysis
- Create draft strategy
3. Test the Market
- Define Supplier Selection Criteria.
- Develop Statement of Requirements
- Understand how to create competition.
- Plan the collection of data
- Pre-RFP supplier briefings.
- Finalise and Issue RFP.
- Proposal Analysis
- Finalise strategy
4. Negotiate & Contract
- Shortlist suppliers
- Update supplier capability ratings
- Cost analysis
- Negotiate with one or more suppliers
- Other contract terms
- Finalise sourcing decision
- Prepare for handover to supplier management team
5. Implement & Manage
- Initiate the supplier relationship
- Agree level of programme management
- Build and manage the Base Relationship
- Implement key processes
- Measure, report and review supplier performance
- Support performance problem solving
- Audit supplier’s key processes
- Manage price
6. Develop & Improve
- Build a Continuous Improvement Relationship
- Cost improvement
- Quality service improvement
- Product / service innovation
- Transfer learning to other category teams.